Why is Schooling Important?
“Education is the most powerful weapon that you can use to change the world”- Nelson Mandela, the former president of South Africa has aptly summed up the importance of education in the development of an individual.
School education is the first step in formal education. It is a one-stop solution for all learning needs of an individual. Schooling inculcates basics skills and sharpens the abilities that one needs to possess to be a successful member of society. During formal school education, students interact with peers from different backgrounds and experience aspects of social living.
In today’s age and date, digital schooling has succeeded in becoming a viable alternative for traditional schooling. A best online high school fulfills all the purposes of formal schooling with a host of benefits for students.
How School Helps in Education
School is a miniature of society. It serves the purpose of creating awareness about the basics of social living. In the process of formal schooling, students learn how to build relationships. They also learn the importance of cooperation and tolerance for a good living environment. Eventually, students understand their role in society for a greater good.
With this micro-society model progressive school education lays a solid foundation for students to realize the dream of quality living. It helps them to develop individual opinions thereby empowering them to become vocal and communicative individuals before stepping in adulthood.
Having said that, we should also understand that form school educational system is dynamic in nature. With the changing need of our society, online schools have gradually entered the mainstream educational system as a new alternative. With the use of technology in education, students are now able to use the benefits of online school as an alternative to traditional schools.
It is evident that, the importance of school education cannot be belittled. Traditional forms of education have been serving mankind for ages now. However, fully online K-12 models of education are now filing in the voids within the traditional schooling system.
The Face of Modern Day Education- Online Schooling
Online schooling has been acknowledged as a flexible alternative for brick-and-mortar school setups. This form of digital schooling allows students to complete school education with the use of internet without traveling to any physical location.
Technology-based education is a blessing for avid students to complete school education within their home settings. This is not all, online schooling has a host of other benefits and supports the idea of universalization of education across the globe.
Flexible instructional delivery and study schedules
We all know that it is imperative to complete school education to enter a decent paying workforce or university level education. However, several students are deprived of school education because of certain living conditions and other factors. Online education offers a resolution for all types of students.
Flexible study schedules and instruction delivery models allow students to remain within the mainstream educational system and still finish high school online like their peers in traditional schools. Student-centric online schools allow them to complete their coursework at their own pace. This form of education minimizes the pre-requisites for students and makes quality education more accessible for all students.
High-quality instructions are now available at the fingertips
UNESCO has stated that despite several efforts to realize the goals of formal education, the ‘Minimum Levels of Learning’ are still a concern. As per its estimates over 617 million children and adolescents are not able to reach the expected levels of proficiency in English and Maths. Online education addresses the learning gaps in formal schooling.
These platforms create opportunities for students to earn an online high school diploma with the help of high-quality instruction delivery and resources. Students from all nook and corner of the world can now join the educational system of their choice. This helps global students to avail of the blessing of high-quality education without relocating to another place.
A best online high school addresses the unique learning needs of students
Online curricula meet the learning needs of each learner. Technology-based education is based on the idea of cutting the cloth according to the size. It is believed that online education improves educational productivity and supports better learning outcomes. Accessible and high-quality online schooling supports the idea of lifelong learning.
Self-directed instructions are the first choice of modern-day learners. Students from all walks of life can enroll in online schools and complete their schooling with enough room for their life commitments. Benefits of online school are open for one and it is believed that this popularity of online schooling will increase in leaps and bounds in the coming years.
Accredited online schools offer legitimate academic credentials
While discussing the importance of formal schooling, we cannot ignore the aspect of legitimate academic credentials. Completion of grade 12th of formal schooling is also synonymous with earning a school completion certificate/diploma. This academic credential is a passport to life and opens up new avenues for future.
Online high school diploma programs offered by online schools are a perfect option to complete school education. This academic credential helps students to opt for university admissions or entry-level jobs after school.
Wholesome educational solutions with online schooling
Accredited online schools offer the best possible learning opportunities. Varied course options at online schools help in improving career and college readiness at high school level. Numerous features of online schools like credit recovery, credit transfer, flex, advanced placement, etc. shape up the student’s academic journey and support their holistic development.
Futuristic online schools add value to the formal educational system. These platforms set the foundation of schooling and aim at inculcating high-order thinking skills in students. Student-centric online schools are the most flexible choice to finish high school online. Opening up a world of new horizons for all new age-learners like never before!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is education
Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values and belief.
2. Mention few Mind Blowing Facts about Education
- Over 70% of America’s inmates cannot read past a 4th grade level.
- Worldwide, 12%—or 775 million adults—are considered functionally illiterate.
- Over 93 million Americans have basic or below-basic literacy. Low literacy rates costs the United States over $200 billion each year
- South Sudan is the world’s least literate country, with a literacy rate of just 27%. Approximately 70% of children aged 6–17 years old have never set foot in a classroom
- Yale University has produced more presidential candidates in the last three decades than any other university.
- The oldest, continually operating school in the world is the University of Karueein, founded in A.D. 859 in Fez, Morocco. Originally a mosque, it was founded by a woman, Fatima al-Fihri. The oldest university is usually considered to be Nalanda University in India, founded in the 5th century A.D.
- Countries that have 100% literacy rates include Finland, Greenland, North Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, and Vatican City.
- The students in China receive the most homework in the world. At an average, teenagers do a whopping 14 hours of homework in a week
- Summer vacations in Chile start from mid-December and end in early March
- Turin has the smallest school in the world with only one pupil
3. What are the different types of education?
Education can be divided in three main parts
- Formal Education:-This is also known as formal learning which usually takes place within the premises of the educational institution.
- Informal Education:-This is the type of education wherein a parent is teaching a child things that are beyond academics.
- Non-formal Education:- It refers to adult basic education, adult literacy education, or skill development