As the world is advancing towards quality learning, alternatives like online schooling are also growing steadily. The Pew Research Center reveals that life will be much more tech-driven by the year 2025. As a result, students will have more choices for personalized schooling.
This trend of accredited online schools is already picking up pace. As many schools have successfully created a personalized virtual schooling space across the globe.
The Oaks Private School is a well-known name in the world of virtual schooling. Opened in the year 2007, this school is a credible option for students who wish to learn through individualized learning programs.
Accreditation & Recognition
The Oaks Private School is also accredited by the leading accrediting agency, Cognia.
Accreditation is important, as it assures students and parents that the academic credentials issued by the school are globally acknowledged and accepted by colleges, universities, and employers.
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Higher Learning Commission (NCA HLC)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)
- Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
- The Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation (FCCPSA)
- National Council of Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
The Oaks Private School (TOPS) covers all grades from Kindergarten to 12 under the following programs (traditional and online):
Elementary School Program Options:
- TOPS Traditional Homeschool Program – Covers Grades Kindergarten to 5 with up to 5 workbook subjects. Parents are given a printed curriculum. And they create a personalized learning space at home for their child.
- TOPS Online (Ignitia- Christian Based program for grades 3-5) – This one is a fully online program with up to 5 online subjects. And parents have an option to teach kids themselves or choose a tutor as needed.
- TOPS Online (Accelerate-secular for grades 3 to 12) – This program is better for parents who prefer instructions without religious presentation. Similar to the Ignitia program, this one too allows parents to take up the role of a teacher. They can also choose a certified tutor if they wish. This program also has up to 5 online subjects.
Middle School Program Options:
- TOPS Traditional Homeschool Program – Program instructions are delivered through a printed curriculum. Parents can choose to teach themselves or go with the option of the tutor.
- TOPS Online (Ignitia- Christian Based program for grades 6 to 8) – Parents can teach the child or choose a tutor. However, this program is more rigorous.
- TOPS Online (Accelerate-secular for grades 3-12) – Suitable for parents who prefer instructions without religious presentations. The program has lots of activities, assessments (labs, journals, written assignments, discussions, written exams, etc.)
High School Program Options:
Below are the 4 types of diploma options:
- Honors Diploma – For students who complete at least 8 honors courses.
- College-Preparatory Diploma – For students who complete 6 honors courses.
- Standard Diploma – As per Florida requirements for graduation.
- Vocational Diploma – Suitable for students pursuing technical training and job-specific skills.
- TOPS Traditional Homeschool Program – This program has rigorous coursework (with workbooks). Students can make use of flexible schedules and complete the course under the guidance of their parents.
- TOPS Online (Ignitia- Christian Based program for grades 9 to 12) – This program has an option to select teachers, else parents can also take up the role of a teacher if they wish.
- TOPS Online (Accelerate-secular for grades 3-12) – Parents can teach themselves or choose the support of a teacher. This program has options like CTE, World languages, Electives, etc. It has up to 6 online subjects.
- TOPS Online (Apex) – An honors program for grades 9 to 12. Students are provided teachers for support. The core idea is to prepare them to meet the entrance requirements of top colleges (and universities).
Programs for International Students:
TOPS is also suitable for international students. They can choose their textbook programs or opt for guidance counseling, or customized digital programs. You can get in touch with the school to know about their offerings for international students.
The Oaks Private School Fee Structure
|Yearly Fee Structure|
|Traditional (Homeschool) Program||$1400 for K-2, $1500 for grades 3-5||$1,500||$1,600|
|TOPS Online (Ignitia)|
(Only for grades 3-5)
|TOPS Online (Accelerate)|
(Only for grades 3-5)
|Online Honors Apex|
(Only for High School)
Payment options are as follows (For all grades):
|Option 1 (Full Payment)||Pay in full|
|Option 2 (Installment Plan)||Add $100, 50% down payment + 10 equal monthly payments|
If a student chooses AP or elective courses, their fees are charged extra.
Prices also depend on the number of teachers selected.
• An Exceptional Curriculum
IGNITIA online curriculum offered by The Oaks Private School is recognized as a Certified Autism Resource by the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES).
• Online Sessions and Academic Support
Most of the programs offered at TOPS have the option of choosing a teacher’s support with an additional fee. For elementary and middle school students this fee varies between $1979 to $3329 (for one to four teachers).
The additional charge for teacher support in high school courses (other than the traditional homeschool program) is between $2079 to $3429 (for one to four teachers). Students enrolling in the Online Apex Program are provided the support of 4 certified teachers without any extra charge.
The teachers at TOPS communicate via email with the students. However, there is no clarity on virtual classes conducted at fixed timings with the students.
• Other Details
Honors and AP courses can be completed through the Apex curriculum.
Online High School courses break up is 4 core and 2 electives.
This virtual school is both recognized and registered by the Florida Department of Education.
Accredited transcripts are provided to students upon the successful completion of courses.
Students who wish to enroll for a senior year must fulfill the Florida graduation requirements.
Credit transfer is possible from public high schools or accredited private schools.
The Oaks Private School is a good choice to seek the guidance of teachers and yet enjoy the benefits of self-paced learning. There are a number of program options for students. However, the only drawback that can hinder the student’s path is the cost of teacher assistance over and above the program cost. Besides, some students might also find it difficult to identify the exact number of teachers that they might need during the course. We suggest you clarify the options to opt for teacher support during the course (if you do not take this option right in the beginning). Because you might feel the need for extra assistance at any point during the program.
Choose this one if the entire program cost seems feasible to you.
Connect with the school to know more about its online programs. Website: https://theoaksprivateschool.org/