King’s InterHigh: Online School Reviewed by Valid Education
King’s InterHigh is one of the original online schools in the UK. It is also the first online school to offer an Online IB Diploma Program. Like any online school, this one too allows flexible learning opportunities. In addition, students also get expert educator handholding virtually through this platform.
Accreditation and Recognition
Accreditation is an important feature for a school because it ensures that the certificates and credentials offered by the institution are recognized and accepted by colleges, universities, and employers.
But in the UK accreditation is not as common as in the USA. In fact, most of the online schools in the UK do not have any accreditation as such. The school states that it works closely to meet the standards laid by the Online Education Accreditation Scheme, established for online schools by the Department of Education.
Features and Offerings:
Here’s a look at the level-wise programs available at King’s InterHigh Online School:
Primary (Key Stage 2 for Age Group 7-11)
Students are given lessons every weekday (morning time). The curriculum at this level includes English, Maths and Science, Humanities, French, and Information Technology. The lesson library can be accessed at any time of the day. Regular assessment of homework assignments and project work adds more value to the program.
Secondary (Age Group 11-16)
The Online Secondary school level has key stage 3 (lower Secondary) followed by GCSE (follows the Edexcel Exam Board) from the age of 14 years. The curriculum at the key stage 3 has 3 core subjects. Students can also take an additional 5 subjects by paying an extra fee per subject. The key stage 4 (International GCSE from age 14) offers 7 core subjects along with ample networking opportunities. An additional core Science subject can be taken along with 4 additional subjects.
Sixth Form (Age Group 16-19)
Students get a choice between the British A level and the IB Diploma (International Baccalaureate). The IBDP pilot offered by this school is a flexible way of earning an IB diploma fully online.
*Schools Partnership Program: The school also partners with other institutions to help them deliver quality education.
|Fee Structure||Primary||Lower Secondary||GCSE||A Level||IB Diploma|
7 Subject Package (for students aged 7-11, in Key Stage 2)
8 Subject Package (for students aged 11-14, in Key Stage 3).
8 Subject Package (for students aged 14-16, in Key Stage 4).
3 Subject Package (for students aged 16-18, in Key Stage 5).
For Students Aged 16-18 (in Key Stage 5).
|Additional Subjects||£275||£300||£570||1 A Level Subject|
2 A Level Subjects
3 A Level Subjects
4 A Level Subjects
5 A Level Subjects
|No Additional Subjects|
|Additional Fees||Registration Fee (per child, non-refundable)|
Academic Fee Deposit for UK students
Academic Fee Deposit for EU and international students
- The maximum number of students in a class is 20.
- King’s InterHigh is a part of the world’s leading education group, Inspired. Students achieve the maximum score (45) regularly. Hence, these students are among the top 0.5% of IB Diploma Program students worldwide.
Points to Note Before Applying
- Online classes are committed by the school on weekdays. However, the exact duration of the classes is not mentioned as per the grades.
- Please check the feasibility to attend online classes as per your region. The time zone options are British time and Middle Eastern time.
- Classes are mostly scheduled between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 PM (British time) and 09:30 am is the beginning time as per the Middle Eastern time (GST).
- The school does not issue a certificate at the end of the school year. Only a progress report is provided at the end of each term. The IGCSE or A Level results are provided by the exam center with grades that can be used to apply to the Sixth term, universities and colleges.
Kings InterHigh school is a trusted name in delivering quality online education. it can be a good choice for students who belong to the UK. However, for other parts of the world like the USA, the absence of a proper quality assurance process (like accreditation) might be a drawback. Please check the acceptance of this institution with any other prospective choice if you are an expat. This will help you in comparing the actual industry standing of this school to see if it is at par with the leading institutions in other parts of the world.
Connect with the school to know more about its online programs.